A renewed interface and several new features for the Sofia Discovery tool at the start of the 2021 academic year
Quebec University Libraries rolled out the new version of its Sofia Discovery tool over the summer. The new interface is more user-friendly and offers several improvements:
- Redesigned ergonomics for more fluid and intuitive navigation;
- A new smart request processing feature that suggests the most easily accessible document;
- The underlining of search terms;
- Optimized accessibility for the visually impaired;
- A new chat service icon.
Two developments have also been completed involving the implementation contract between the WorldShare Management Services (WMS) shared services platform and OCLC:
- For the Sofia Discovery tool, OCLC began the retrospective enrichment of WorldCat records in July by using equivalences between the various thesauri in the RVM (Répertoire de vedettes-matière). The project is slated for completion in October 2021. Nearly three-quarters (3/4) of Worldcat’s 350 million records will be automatically enriched;
- In the WMS Acquisitions module, the first development phase has been deployed for the management of commitments involving orders that recur from one fiscal year to the next; this will facilitate the work of acquisition teams.